The most essential part of any building is the floor or the base and the factor which decides the quality and durability of the vital part is the screed. This is the material which is laid on the base or ground before the final layering work is done. The material which has been used for flooring since the earlier days is the traditional one, but, the option which has taken the construction industry by storm in the recent times is the liquid screed.
Liquid vs Traditional Option
The modern innovative concept of the free flowing screed is considered to be much better than the traditional one due to various reasons, some of which are mentioned below:
• One of the major reasons, due to which, the fluid one scores over the traditional one is that the process of laying the free flowing type is extremely fast. Laying the base with traditional one takes some time.
• The labour required for the free flowing one is much less as compared to the labour requirement for the traditional one. It is quite effortless to conduct the task of screeding using this type.
• The most important reason which makes it option better than the traditional type is that it dries up faster because the depth of it is less, which, in turn, makes it light.
• The flowing solution is an excellent and efficient way of layering because it ensures that the base is much more durable than the one which is laid by using traditional type.
• Another factor which differentiates the free flowing one from the traditional option is that when it is poured, all the spaces are filled in evenly and there is no void left, which is not so in the case of the traditional type. This is one of the major reasons why the free flowing type is much more popular than the traditional option.
• The flowing type is better than the traditional one because after it is applied on the floor, the ground is ready for use within 24 hours, which is not so in the case of the traditional option.
• The free flowing one is a much cheaper solution than the traditional option. As it lowers the total construction cost most of the people prefer to opt for this.
• Another area where the its type is better compared to the traditional type is that the free flowing option goes along well with the under floor heating systems.
The free flowing material is an amazing innovation in the field of flooring screed solutions. One of the main features of this is that it provides you with a smooth finishing before the final layer is applied. If a smooth floor with long lasting durability is what you are aiming for, laying it with free flowing screed is the best option to opt for.